Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cartoon time






My latest cartoon work I'm trying to learn from John K on his super blog.
http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_johnkstuff_archive.html

He has great comments for animators and cartoonists. He suggests we don't always go for primary bright... out of the tube colours. To try muted colours more...there can be lots of variety in the colour grey for example. Also I've had a go at linking the two characters more and to make some interesting negative shapes. The shapes within shapes e.g the brown wall has some nice shapes around the two characters.
The white floor border also mimics the clock border two shapes balancing out.
Also the joke is silly and funny.:)

The pictures are shown here at a low res as this will be used on cards I'm selling. To buy this as a high res quality card contact me by my email.
thejeep2000@yahoo.co.uk
1 pound for each card...postage will depend how many you buy.