Monday, April 4, 2011

Green Lantern - Wonder-Con Footage


I was at the nearby Bookalicious about 30 minutes ago to pick up the Blackest Night hardcover. The guy at the counter asked me if I was looking forward to the upcoming GL movie and I said that I wasn't impressed with the trailer or the selection of Ryan Reynolds to play Hal. He smiled. It was like he knew something that I didn't. Or maybe he was just trying to be friendly and uncontradictory. Anyway, I'm glad that the above video footage from the upcoming film (shown at the current Wonder-Con) changed my mind somewhat about the film. First, we finally get to see more of Oa, Sinestro, Tomar-Re, etc. Next, we get Hal reciting the GL Oath and that alone is worth the price of admission. But most importantly, the film doesn't feel like the silly and flighty nonsense that the first trailer was trying to sell. It feels like it has a certain gravitas to it. Maybe that's because we get to see all 3,600 Green Lanterns gathering before Sinestro as they prepare for war... All in all, I hope the final product is closer in spirit to the above clip than the theatrical trailer.