Thursday, June 17, 2010

Spawn Origins Deluxe Edition Hardcover

Just reserved my copy of the Spawn Origins Deluxe Edition Hardcover with the stores. Yes, this monster is finally here. Now I'm thankful that I didn't pick up the previous 12-volume edition (mentioned here). This one comes with a slipcase and contains the first 25 issues of the series by Todd McFarlane.

Now, if Image will only release the Savage Dragon series in this format as well. Erik Larsen just answered my post on Facebook and said that he is presently collecting the files together for a new Savage Dragon reprint. I'm really, really looking forward to that one. Hopefully, Freak Force will be collected as well. That will make me (and Augie DeBlieck Jr.) very happy... :)

Speaking of things that make me happy, very few things made me happier in 1996 than a new Vampirella comic monthly. My interest in the character peaked when James Robinson and Joe Jusko did the painted 2-parter. I also liked the Pantha one-shots by Mike Texeira a lot. I also liked the movie starring Talisa Soto a lot. However, over the years the series fizzled and died. Harris Comics folded and now the character is owned by Dynamite Entertainment. The good news is that Dynamite is releasing a series of hardcover and softcover reprints of classic Vampi stuff. Read the news at Newsarama for more info.