Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Deadpool and Gambit


This is my 2nd all-time favourite superhero-themed fan video on YouTube! It features Deadpool and Gambit at the theatres watching "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".

I was at my favourite DVD store just the other day. An American couple walked in and asked for "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".

American guy: Do you have "X-Men Origins"?

Pirated DVD peddler #1: Uh... you mean "X-Men"? We have "X-Men". But we don't sell originals.

American guy: No. Not originals. Origins. O-R-I-G-I-N-S. Y'know... the only X-Men film out of the bunch that's even worth a watch?!?

Pirated DVD peddler #1 turns to Pirated DVD peddler #2 and said (in Cantonese): Don't know what this gwailo wants. He wants X-Men but only original one. We don't sell original here but only pirated stuff. Doesn't this idiot know that?

Pirated DVD peddler #2 to Pirated DVD peddler #1: Don't worry. I'll handle him.

Pirated DVD peddler #2: Uh... sir... you want "X-Men"? We got "X-Men"!

American guy: No. Not "X-Men". "X-Men Origins".

Pirated DVD peddler #2: We only have "X-Men" parts 1, 2 and 3. And yes, we also have "Wolverine".

American guy: Well, it features "Wolverine" but it's called "X-Men Origins".

Pirated DVD peddler #2: (mumbles to himself) Original but also got Wolverine? Gwailo have weird taste.

Pirated DVD peddler #1 reappears with a DVD album: Uh... sir... do you mean this one? (showing the album cover to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"...)

American guy: Yes, that's the one. Isn't that what I said? "X-Men Origins"?

Pirated DVD peddler #1: Oh, you see, sir, here we call the movie "Wolverine". Not "Original X-Men". Never mind that ours not original. Sir, you want it in HD-DVD or Blu-Ray DVD?

By then, I was laughing my head off. I dashed out of the shop laughing at those idiots. This, my friends, is "The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of the New World Order" and it involves the "X-Men" in their original modes and some furry mutant named Wolverine!