Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Death of Wizard Magazine

Wizard Magazine has been a part of my comic collecting life since the 1990s. It was announced earlier today that it will cease publication. Truth is, the last two issues that I bought (the Scott Pilgrim one and the one edited by Mark Millar) kind of hinted at this seeing as how the monthly mag was getting thinner and thinner with less and less features. My kids are now reading back issues and really loving them. Honestly, I'm rather sad to see it go but I guess in this age of online comic news-sites, the print media is really becoming irrelevant. For my life, despite my constant visits to online sites, nothing beats reading a 300-page magazine solely devoted to comicbooks. Especially in the can. I can't take my laptop into the toilet, can I? :(

Note: Toyfare is also cancelled. Guess we won't get anymore of the glorious Toyfare Twisted Theatre strips... Now I'm really SAD!!!