Saturday, March 26, 2011

These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things...

I skipped the long Trust Law refresher-lectures on Friday evening and the whole of Saturday. Took the family to see "Sucker Punch" on Friday evening. Also found a really cheap copy of "Keats" by Andrew Motion. The book was slightly damaged but I'm not complaining since the apologetic shopkeeper agreed to sell it to me for only RM18.00. A new biography of Keats is always a joy to read. I remember reading 3 other biographies in the late 1990s (Bateman, Coote and Gittings') when I was really nuts about the Romantic poets and wrote long dissertations on "Ode to a Grecian Urn", "Ode to a Nightingale" and "To Autumn". I was told that Andrew Motion enjoys a direct hotline to John Keats in heaven and his biography of the poet was even made into a movie.

Saturday was a day filled with activities. I began the morning with my own studies of Evidence Law (completed three essays). That assuaged my guilt for skipping classes so I took the family out for lunch. We had sandwiches at Subway - I'm getting really addicted to Subway sandwiches but I really wish they cost less here. After that, my wife finally picked up the full Scoutboy uniform for Bertie and I bought the 7A drum-sticks for Moira. We then did some groceries and came home to watch "Secret of the Heart" - the TVB series from the late 1990s starring Gallen Lo, Felix Wong, Amy Kwok, Kathy Chow, Ada Choi, Nick Cheung, Sunny Chan, Paul Chun, Jessica Hsuan Hester and many others. Astro is showing this series now and I got to catch several episodes during my dinner breaks at work. Got smitten by the marvellous plot and characters all over again so I picked up the DVD set. In the evening, we prepared a sumptuous meal made up of Korean ramen noodles, chicken fingers and BBQ pork.